Luckily, I haven't seen one since and he has seemed to chill out a bit. Until yesterday when he bit through Brandon's shorts when he was frustrated that we were keeping him in his stroller so we could try and watch Brielle and Boston's Gymnastics performance! Lori ended up out in her car instead of watching like she had come to do. See it doesn't only affect us trying to watch the others do their things, but it also affects the grandparents from seeing stuff.
We were able to go to a little celebration thing for Autism families where they had all sort of games and activities set up for the Autism community. It was fun and I was surprised at everything they had especially because it was FREE. We ran into Melani from Early intervention! She was excited to see Dylan and I was glad that she remembered him and was the one that spotted him.
Dylan has decided he does not want to where diapers at all, not even at night. We decided to put a little "potty training potty" in his room, hoping he would use that instead of the floor. It is hit and miss, but his room quickly became a piss pot and smelled terrible! I didn't even like to walk in his room because who knows what you were walking on and it just felt nasty! I took it upon myself to tear out the carpet and lay down some hard floor. I talked to a lady at Home Depot and she suggested Vinyl Floor Planking that is waterproof, so I went with that. I called RC Willey and it was going to be like $800 for them to do it but I was able to do it for around $300. It is no where near professional looking but I think I did a pretty good job. The last row I wasn't quite sure how to do it since it was a tight fit and you can't really snap it in like the rest. So now I go on nightly, "Treasure Hunts" once I know he is asleep and we will just say 4 out of 7 nights(on average) I find some type of treasure. Occasionally it makes it in the designated spot, but most the times I quickly clean it up and mop it! As long as the "Waterproof" part is doing it's job, then the room should continue to smell ok right?! We also had an obscured window installed, it looks like rain running down the window, to block the neighbors of having a nightly "Dylan in the Nude" show!
I do find one consistent "treasure" every single night and that is this sweet little guy right here! He melts my heart and breaks my heart all at the same time! He is my handsome little Bubber Boo and I can't help but just sit and stare at him every night! As hard as it is at times, I could not imagine my life without this little guy in it!
Dylan figured out the car seat belt clip. I researched and found a belt clip for special needs kids and ordered it. It has a key thing so you can lock it in place and then it loops behind their neck so they can not push it down and climb through the belt. You seriously have to get creative constantly trying to beat him to the punch on things!








No comments:
Post a Comment