This is something that I, as Dylan's Mother, am extremely happy about and worth documenting! Tonight we went to Brielle's Softball game and I played on the playground with the younger two as usual. We headed over to watch Brielle's game after a half hour or so. We sat down and watched and then Brandon and Boston showed up a few minutes later. Dylan kept trying to get loose from my grasp and so Brandon picked him up to take over. Somehow, I ended up with Dylan again and was standing and holding him. He was smiling and being really cute and his eyes had his old sparkle back for that moment, except when he kept deciding to bite my shoulder and be funny. After a while, Brandon decided he would relieve me and went to take Dylan from me. As Brandon reached for him and started pulling him from me, I could feel Dylan's legs wrap tighter and tighter around me! I started laughing and told Brandon he was hanging on as tight as he could. As soon as Brandon got hold of him completely, Dylan leaned right back to me and wanted me. I gladly took him back! Brandon tried several other times to get him and was greeted with a push, a swat or just turning away! As long as Brandon wasn't close enough to take Dylan, then Dylan was playing along with Brandon by laughing and smiling because Brandon kept popping up behind me. Not really a big thing, but seeing the smile on his face and the sparkle in his eyes again, I LOVED! I also LOVED that it was me that he wanted to be with!
No comments:
Post a Comment