Today I took the kids to the Mall to pick out something for their Dad for Fathers Day and it was surprisingly a good trip with the 4 kids. I just had Dylan and Desi in the double stroller and let them out to play in the play area. That lasted a half hour or so until Dylan started climbing over the wall thing(half wall). Then Boston had noticed the big stuffed animals that you can ride on and wanted to do that. I gave in and rented 2 of them for 15 minutes and let them go. I was pushing Dylan and Desi in the stroller and after about 5 minutes I decided to get Dylan out and have him ride with Brielle. He loved it and was all smiles and never once tried to get off. Then we went and ate in the food court and I let him out of the stroller and he sat right by us the whole time. Until Brielle and Boston ran over to the rail and looked over to the bottom floor. Dylan decided he also wanted to do that, but went right by them and stayed close by. He wanted to go down the escalator, so I had Brielle hold his hand and let them go down and back up, and then it was time to go home. A successful outing with just me and the kids!
Later on in the day we walked over to my parents house to visit. The kids headed to their favorite drawer in the house, the treat drawer, and raided it like usual. Dylan was into everything and wasn't about to stop. He came carrying an unopened bag of cheetos and that is when I put a stop to it. He was not happy with me and started throwing a fit by falling to the ground and kicking. My Dad tried to see if he would go out with him to walk down the road to the mail box, but he kept kicking. Then my Dad put some cheetos in a bowl and tried showing him what he had and to see if he would go with him then, but the kicking and screaming continued along with falling to the ground and smacking his head a time or two to the ground. He finally realized that my Dad was trying to give him the cheetos and calmed down for a minute. Then every time he wanted one my Dad would try to get him to say, "Please." That just upset him more and sent him to the ground again. He kept trying to give my Dad a kiss, every time he asked him to say "please." That is my fault because when he wants something I ask him to give me a kiss, so now he figures that is what he should do, I think.
After he finally made an attempt to say "please", he was given the bowl. But it didn't last long because he went behind the couch and was trying to put them on these trees for some reason(maybe he was trying to decorate?) so I climbed back there just as he knocked the tree over. Seriously, this was not a fun tantrum. I spanked his butt and told him we don't do that and he fell to the ground pretty hysterically at this point. I picked him up and carried him in front of the couch and at this point just let him lay there and kick, hit, scream, what ever he wanted to. Then it was time to go. My Mom asked if we wanted a ride home, but I said this would calm him down and keep us out of the house longer so I don't have to stress about being in the house any longer than I have to, ha ha.
While we were outside, with Dylan and Desi in the wagon, and waiting for the other two, my Dad mentioned that if he throws fits like this when he is older that he is a little concerned for my safety, more or less. Brandon has mentioned that before too. I told my Dad that was the worst fit that he has ever thrown and is definitely not an every day occurrence. While we were talking, Dylan did his random sad face and his sad cry. I told my parents that this is what he does and will just randomly break out in tears, but if you look at him you can see the sadness. It is as if he is thinking about something and is sad about it. You can hear the difference in his type of cries and this cry makes me wish so bad I knew what is going on in that head of his. At this point Dylan looked up at my Dad and gave him a kiss, almost as if apologizing. He is a very strong boy and I am not that big of a person, so by the time he is 5(give or take a few years ha ha) he will definitely be able to overpower me if he continues to be this way. The night pretty much continued this way (not as physical though) so I don't know what was going on.
We decided to go swimming at the Payson pool and when it was time to leave, we had another fun tantrum. We went to the Spanish Fork pool first but didn't know it closed at 6, so when we got back in the car without getting in the water, Dylan was NOT a happy camper. We got to the pool 45 minutes before it closed, so not a lot of time but enough for the kids to have fun. The lady at the gate even snuck us some free passes because we got there late and she didn't think we should pay full price, bonus for us!!! While there, all the kids had a blast except for Desi. The big bucket of water that drops every so often scared the crap out of her and she was pretty much done at that point, 10 minutes in. One good thing was he never really wandered off and stuck around in the area we were in for the most part. As soon as Brandon got him out of the water, he started yelling and trying to get back in. I picked him up and headed out to the car with him screaming, kicking and hitting me. He kept leaning over making me almost drop him, so I would have to set him down and then he would fall to the ground and I would have to grab hold of his head so he would not smack it on the hard cement. I heard several people say, "He doesn't want to leave." He loves the water, so I really wasn't surprised he was doing this, but hopefully the intensity of these fits dies down, someday!
I just keep waiting to start seeing the improvements some of these other people on the Facebook group are seeing. I am hoping this is the "regression stage" we are in, and things will go up from here. I know the cells are in there doing there thing and we just need to be patient and work through this together, but boy is it a tough one.
No comments:
Post a Comment