I spoke with Dr Goldberg yesterday and things didn't go as well as I had hoped. His lab results came back not so good this time and his ANA is back and at high levels, so we need to really focus on his eating. I have been horrible lately and so will make a better effort because maybe that really is the key. Dr Goldberg does not like ABA therapy and therefore the school we have him going to is not on his ok plan. I have not completely told the truth about what school he is in and told him we have him in an Autism class. He wants him out of that and into a multi disability class because they actually try to catch them up in that class, in his opinion. To say I am a little stressed about this is a big lie, I am a lot stressed! Dylan seems to love his school and the people love Dylan! I do have my concerns and plan on pulling him out by next year for sure because they do not focus on Academics at all. They also don't have a speech therapist on site is another strange thing but we have him going to a speech therapist too. I called the district and Kindergarten would only be half day, so that has me all sorts of confused on what decision to make. When I talk to Dr Goldberg at the end of October he plans on me having switched classes, so I don't know what to do and need to figure this out fast. Or continue to fib for the school year and get him out and into the class he wants him in for first grade(probably what I will do). The reason he does not like ABA is because they "refocus and redirect" which down the road leads the kids to believe they can not do anything right and will have internal issues down the road. I totally understand that but I feel the way this school does it, doesn't make him feel that way, but to Dr Goldberg ABA is ABA and he hasn't really given us the chance to explain how they do things. So I guess only time will tell.
We did increase his Tenex a couple weeks ago and after the call increased Lexapro. He seems to be attempting more vocal sounds with us, so once again, time will tell. If we could get him talking, I would for sure be willing to pull him out and get him back to the district, but I fear where he is now, they will put him in a really low functioning class and I don't see how that would be more help than where he is now! Parenting is hard, but special need parenting is hell somedays but I know it will be worth it in the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment