So we have(or me ha ha) to take Dylan back to Panama to give it another shot. I just felt out of the blue last month that I needed to take him and take him soon. Brandon had mentioned it a couple months ago that maybe next year we should try again, but nothing more was really talked about. I told him last month that I felt we needed to go and so he said that was fine to call and see when we could get him there, so we leave on Sunday for our 3rd round of stem cells! We are still doing Dr Goldbergs protocol and seeing small changes and plan to continue that still as well. The last time I talked to Dr Goldberg the labs weren't looking so good, so we are trying to be better with the eating, but that is a very hard task. I feel that hopefully we have his body in a good spot and under control now that maybe the cells will have the ability to push through and we will see more this time, fingers crossed!
We now take him to speech twice a week and several technicians at his school have said they noticed he is attempting to say more and making more noises. The speech therapist wants us to get this device that will sit at the top of his mouth(hugging his mouth like Brielle's retainer) and has dots on it that will help him to learn where his tongue goes when making certain sounds. I need to call the dentist and see about getting an electronic image of his mouth so we can move forward with that as well. We here words here and there like: Bacon, water, yeah, he signs candy really well. The other day we were at Walmart and Boston was pestering him to say words. All of a sudden we heard, "Leave me alone," but it was all jumbled together but definitely sounded like that, not once but twice! Later that night when Brandon went to brush his teeth and get him off to bed, he said it again and this time grabbed hold of the door frame so that Brandon couldn't get him through the door. We had to laugh, with excitement of course!! So anyway, here is a little update and lets hope and pray that stem cells will add more excitement in the progression of Dylan!
No comments:
Post a Comment