Thursday, April 16, 2015
Let's Go
I went to pick up Dylan from school today and was talking to Mrs Heelis about the note from the day before. I had also emailed her and let her know that I wondered if it had something to do with starting to be aware of the potty sensation, so we were just carrying on between the note and my email and the fact that they have noticed he seems to be bothered by his clothes and is taking his shoes off more than usual at school. As we were talking one of the aids took Dylan to get his back pack and coat on. Desi had come along with me to pick Dylan up and she makes herself at home when we go there and usually heads for the little chairs and sits down. She was on her way to the chairs and Dylan was on his way back from getting his coat and back pack on and he stops in his tracks right in front of Desi. Then he slowly reaches out and pulls at Desi's shirt almost as if he was saying, "Come On, it's time to go." We all kind of laughed and one of the aids was like, "You don't want to stay here. It's no fun, ha ha"(as if Dylan was saying that). Desi did not move so Dylan reached out and grabbed her hand and gave her a little tug. I was impressed with the hand to hand contact because he has never held her hand and wants absolutely nothing to do with it when I have tried. Usually while playing "Ring Around the Rosie", he will hold my hand but no way will he hold hers. Desi seemed to be caught off guard too and just continued to stand there, not moving. I picked her up and we were on our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment