Monday, April 20, 2015

Wrong Side of the Bed

Dylan woke up not so happy this morning.  While doing our morning routine of having breakfast, getting everyone ready and watching Team Umizoomi, we had several melt downs.  I couldn't figure out what was causing them and trying to put his shoes on was quite the task.  I was about to just put his shoes in his back pack and send him to school.  He always takes them off on the bus anyway, so it would save me time putting them on and the bus aid time for picking them off the floor!  I was finally able to get them on and the bus came so I sent him on his way.  The bus aid could tell he was having a hard time and made some comment.  I told her, he was on one this morning, ha ha.

With the way the morning went, I totally expected a phone call from his school to come and get him.  After I picked Boston up from school, we decided to go to Carl's Jr and eat and let him and Desi play for a bit.  While we were there my phone rang and sure enough it was Dylan's school.  His teacher was saying that they just was not sure what was bothering him or why he was having such a hard time but they had tried so many different things to see if they could get him to enjoy school that day.  I just laughed a bit, so I am sure she thought I was a crazy parent, but I knew that call would come!

 I really am impressed with what they did before getting to that point, because I wouldn't have been able to hold out that long.  They tried things like: Letting him keep his shoes off, several different sensory things, let him wander and see what he wanted to do, let him sit where he wanted to sit, and several other things like that.  She said he is always tugging at his clothes like they are bothering him, so they even tried a shirt made from different material then what he was wearing.  They rubbed him down with a sensitive lotion.  Even when she called me, she wasn't giving up, she was calling to get my advice and see if there was any specific thing I have noticed that bothers him.  Unfortunately, there isn't.  I told her I could come and pick him up, but she said they were at recess and once they got back she would see how he adjusts again.  I got a phone call two minutes later, so I said I would be on my way.

He fell asleep on the way home, but later that evening we had more melt downs.  He definitely is tugging at his clothes a lot and seems to be itchy.  Also, yesterday when he came home from his Grandparents I noticed he had a little goop in his eyes and wondered if he was getting an eye infection or allergies.  This morning his eyes were pretty cleared up, but a little puffy.  That was one of the suggestions his teacher mentioned because she said they didn't notice any signs of a sickness, but that his eyes were puffy and wondered if he had allergies.  We will keep our eye on things and see where it goes from here, but I think we are just going to have to let it run its course and hopefully those stem cells are in there working hard on repairing something on the inside!  I must also note that Dr Diez said parents typically report back that around 6-8 weeks after stem cells, they see a regression.  I wonder if this could be part of that regression?

No comments:

Post a Comment