Saturday, April 25, 2015

Week 2

Other than a few more notes from Dylan's teacher, we haven't seen much changes with him and the tantrums are still coming!  By Wednesday Dylan had come down with a cough so his teacher said maybe whatever was bothering him finally broke through because he was a lot better for them on Thursday.


He woke up with hives on Thursday morning, but I put some anti itch concoction Lori had brought up on him and he seemed fine, so I sent him to school.


I went to get him up on Friday and was sound asleep and with the week he had, I figured I would keep him home.  Good thing I did, because he was on one that day!  I took the advice of his teachers and found some tie shoes(let me tell you that was not an easy task.  I looked at 4 different places and finally found one.  Everything is the slip on shoes or velcro or elastic "shoe laces" to make it easier for the parents).  Any way, I noticed the shoes he wears was literally falling apart.  I attempted to put the new shoes on and he was not having it.  I eventually, pretty much, sat on him to get his shoes on.  He's screaming, I am screaming, it was FUN!  I get his shoes on and in 2 minutes he is able to get one shoe off, but can't get the other.  I think his teachers and bus aide are not going to like his new shoes!  The day pretty much continued that way on and off.  Except I took them to Carl's Jr and he sat by me for a good 10-15 minutes eating, if you call eating fries eating.  Lately that is all he will really eat.  By Friday evening, he wasn't feeling like himself and just laid around, so I think his teacher was right.  He is coming down with something.  I just hope it is not something that requires an antibiotic, because we are supposed to stay away from them for the time being.

One thing I have noticed is he seems to be regressing a little bit.  I know it is early on but they said that most parents report a regression in 6-8 weeks.  He is starting to not like the feel of his clothes a lot like he did at one point.  We had a few "naked" episodes over the past couple days at the house and I hope he does not do that at school.  I told Brandon that I think we need to start the Brain Balance exercises up again and work on building the right side of his brain again.  I think that could help this pass a little quicker because when we were doing his exercises, he quit doing things like getting undressed.  So hopefully we can start squeezing that in again along with the millions of other things we have going on with him and the rest of the kids right now!

Saturday he still seemed a little out of it and broke out with hives a little bit.  We had a busy morning/afternoon, so I didn't spend a lot of time with him.  Now he has gone to his Grandparents house so hopefully he is feeling a bit better and not giving them a hard time!


No comments:

Post a Comment