Friday, December 4, 2015

Cousin Day

Other than keep finding "Naked Dylan" with no diaper on and occaisonally(more often than not) surprises for us(more often Brandon because I am busy running around like a chicken with it's head cut off) to clean up, he has been really good lately!  Happy and always trying to get our attention or wants to be in the vicinity of us more than he has in the past. I love it but at the same time feel bad because we do have 3 other kids and aren't able to give him that constant attention that he seems to be seeking, but at least it seems like we are moving in the right direction!

Today, was one of those days!  I had my 2 nephews and niece over while Cody and Lacy went to work again!  They got here a little before 8 and Dylan's bus picks him up around 8:15.  The kids all went downstairs while I ran upstairs to watch for the bus and get a few last minute things done.  I saw the bus pulling in the Cul De Sac and ran down to grab Dyl.  He was just walking out of the toy room where all the kids were.  When I told him the bus is here, he fell to the ground crying.  I had to pick him up, which he is learning this new technique of throwing himself to the ground and tightening up so it is much harder to just pick him up, and carry him upstairs.  I then had to force his coat on and repeat the pick up Dylan game and carry him to the bus....crying!  When I handed him to the Bus Aide, he climbed the stairs and then turned and looked at me with his sad face, pretty much saying "it isn't fair I don't get to play with my cousins."  Little does he know Brielle and Bos had to go to school 10 minutes later, so they didn't either.

He went to school and as far as I know had a great day!  When he got off the bus, they said "Someone is excited to be home!"  Sure enough no sooner than when his feet hit the sidewalk, he practically jumped into my arms!  I can't deny how that made me feel!  My heart melted! I love that, slowly but surely, his interactions with the world around him seem to be increasing!

Also, we have been asking "yes and no" questions and have got the head nod for "yes" quite a bit!  We haven't got a "no" yet so I am almost wondering if he is just doing it because he knows he'll get something if he does, but he is communicating and that is a step in the right direction so I will take it. The first time I asked him a question, he ran to get cheese so I asked, "do you want cheese?"  I had to ask twice before realizing he was doing it.  It was a very slight nod where he barely tilted his head from the base of his neck down an inch or so.  When I asked him the second time, I noticed it and was so impressed.  Over the past 2 days he seems to be getting it down more!  So I guess to answer his teachers question about him only associating it at school, would be a "No!"  He gets a little smile when he does it too, so I think he is proud of himself, as he should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment