A few weeks ago Dylan figured out how to open a window in the basement and the screen isn't in there very tight, so he pushed right through it and loves to keep doing it. I have been a nervous wreck for the time he figures out the one in his bedroom, but luckily it was a little harder to open. Until last night!
I went to a Kindergarten Literacy Night thing for Boston's class and came back home around 7. Brandon greeted me by saying he has some good news, some bad news and some terrible news and which did I want to hear first. I went straight for the Terrible news, of course. That terrible news was that Dylan had figured out how to open his window. I immediately said to load up the kids so we could go get some sort of window locks, because knowing how Dylan is he would be out that window in no time once we put him in his room for the night. I already checked his window 10 times every night(maybe not that many but I keep looking to make sure he is in his room) so I would be a nervous wreck if we put him in there knowing he had figured out the window. In case you are wondering the good news was the kids were bathed and the bad news, I don't remember because the terrible news was on my mind ha ha.
We loaded the kids up and went to Home Depot and laughed as we walked in because if there was a "People of Home Depot" page like the Walmart page, we would have been on it. The kids in their pajamas and their hair in their face from washing and brushing the hair. We looked like we fit right in at the store, ha ha. Or we stuck out like a sore thumb is more like it! We asked a worker where to find such device and he guided us down the aisle. Another worker was there and made some type of comment and Brandon mentioned we had a small emergency. I quickly turned around and explained our emergency and he laughed but also understood the importance of why we were there and helped us find what we were looking for!
We got home and put it right on and we had a peaceful night! However, I still get nervous and checked at least 3 times to make sure the window was in tact! I always check on him before I go to bed and make sure he is safe inside his room and that he is in a comfortable position! Hopefully this last a while and he doesn't figure it out any time soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment