Monday, September 14, 2015

To The Moon and Back



Brandon and I have really liked Luke Bryan's music since I was pregnant with Desi and so Brandon had his eye out for when he came to Utah.  Lucky for us he just came here and so we went and it was amazing!  Brandon is more obsessed with him than I am and is constantly looking him up on the internet and that is no lie, ha ha.

Any way, he came out with this new album and as I was listening to it the song "To the Moon and Back" came on and for some reason made me think of Dylan, of all people.  I think the words, Tears-Smiles, Clear- Muddy, Good- Ugly, Blue-Black, Crazy &Different- More of the same, Coast is Clear-Hurricane, etc and then I'll Be Right Beside You and To the ends of the Earth To the Moon and Back really stuck out.  As hard as this life is there is no way I could ever give up on my Dy-Dy!  

I have had several people say to me that they know someone with Autism and now that they are older you can't really tell!  I think "Great that gives me so much hope for his future!"  But then I also think, "I don't want him to be "normal" when he is older because he is a child and he deserves a good childhood, what about that?"  I remember reading(probably someones comment in the facebook group) that someone that has had that experience and was disappointed in the childhood they had because of this disability.  I don't want Dylan to look back on his life and one day look at me and tell me that he had a sad childhood.  That would literally kill me on the inside.

I think back to my childhood and the memories I have with my brothers and cousins!  I want Dylan to have that with his siblings and cousins!  The truth to this is I don't really have much of a relationship anymore with one of my brothers, so what if this happens to my children and Dylan never gets to look back and remember the fun times.  I want him to know that we are doing what we can to help fulfill that great childhood wish I have for him! We may not succeed but at least I can say I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment