Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sent Home from School

Dylan has had a few rough mornings lately and has been kind of sad.  I really didn't think much of it yesterday because I woke up around 4:00 and could hear him partying playing in his room.  I heard him until at least 4:30 but then I dozed off.  When he woke up the next morning and was a little cranky, I just figured he may be a little tired.  When he came home from school and the bus door opened he let out a little squeal of excitement.  The bus driver and his aide kind of laughed and said, "someone is excited to be home!"  I told them it was his brothers birthday and maybe he remembered there were presents in there to open(he had been trying all week) and today was the day.

When I looked in his backpack there was a note from the teacher saying he had had a rough day and was a little moody.  She wondered if he was getting sick?  I hadn't noticed anything to make me think that, but have been wondering if I should have him checked out from his fall off the monkey bars.  His thigh never swelled up or bruised even, but sometimes when I watch him walk it looks as if he is avoiding the left side a little bit.  So this made me wonder if he is cranky due to pain?

I sent him to school today because he seemed fine.  He didn't eat breakfast but did drink his apple juice.  Some days he just doesn't eat, so nothing out of the ordinary.  I got a call just before 11 and it was his teacher saying that she didn't think he was feeling well.  He was being moody again and just wasn't having any of it.  She said normally when they do things treats will get Dylan's attention REAL QUICK, but today and yesterday he just continued to cry.  As she was talking to me she said he was laying down on a little couch in the room.  I told her Boston got out of school at 11:25 so if it would be alright that I pick Dyl up after that, which she was fine with.  When I got there I could see through the window one of the teachers standing over a kid that was laying on the ground.  I kind of laughed thinking, "ok, he is giving them problems."  But then realized it wasn't my child and made me feel better, ha ha.

I walked into the room and Dylan jumped right off the couch, where he had stayed since I talked to his teacher almost and hour prior, and was ready to go.  He walked right over to me with a little smile and was heading out the door.  I talked to his teacher for a minute and brought up my concern about maybe needing to get him checked out from the fall, but am conflicted because there is no obvious signs of trauma, and she mentioned he has been a little more clumsy lately, so I still don't know what to do there.  Maybe he is a little sore, so I think I will watch it for a few more days?

Boston had wanted pizza and I needed to go to Costco so we headed over there.  Dylan seemed absolutely fine and I was starting to think that he has already mastered the skill of faking sick to get out of school.  He was fine all day and then around 5:30 he just turned really moody.  I wasn't able to do anything or figure out exactly what he wanted.  This went on for an hour and then it was time to take Boston to soccer, so Brandon took Dylan for a ride.  I didn't get home until he was in bed, so I am not sure how the rest of the night went.  I am not sure if I should send him to school tomorrow, or if I should keep him home.  I hate when they call me because he "might" be getting sick.  I can't keep him home everyday he "might" be sick because that could be a lot of days since he can't express himself.  Obviously, I would keep him home if he were sick and I knew it, but now I feel like I have to keep him home just so I don't get called tomorrow.  I guess we'll see how it is in the morning.  And who doesn't have those days where you just don't want to do anything, which is only intensified in these kids, right?

On another note:  On the Facebook group another parent mentioned (who's sons name is, ironically, Dylan) has had a rough couple of days where he is crying, yelling, frustrated and sad.  He just had the stem cells in the last month or two so we are further out.  But other than the yelling, this is a lot of what has been going on with Dylan.  I am wondering if we are reaching another push of the cells doing their work?  People have said it is like a roller coaster ride and you might think it is done and then all of a sudden something happens.  So just food for thought, we will see what the next little bit brings!  Maybe he is just getting sick like the teacher said, but maybe we have some activity going on in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment