Dylan came home today from staying at his Grandparents for their Halloween party and has been cuddling with us and wants to be around us. We have really enjoyed the night with him. About a half hour before bedtime, I was downstairs watching a show with him and then Brandon came walking down with a drink in hand. Not just any drink, but Dr Pepper. My kids are like their Mom and love their drinks ha ha. Dylan immediately noticed what was in Brandon's hand and grinned from ear to ear and went right to Brandon.
Brandon gave him a drink and sure enough he was back for more in 10 seconds. This time Brandon said to Dylan, "Say Daddy...D.A.D.D.Y" and was just about to give him a drink because this is something Brandon does all the time and gets no response out of him. But...
Just as Brandon went to tip the cup to Dylan's mouth, we both heard clear as day, "Daddy" and then he took a drink! Brandon and I just looked at each other in complete shock, but we both heard it and couldn't deny it. Just like when I posted about the first time I heard "Mommy" post stem cells and the music it was to my ears. This was the exact same feeling! I loved the fact that we were both there to witness it! I guess this would be what they call "echolalia" where he just mimicked what Brandon said and maybe not really saying it on his own free will, but the fact that he actually said, "Daddy" was amazing!
We will be heading to Panama Saturday night for round 2. I am excited but nervous at the same time. On the Facebook group there has been a lot of people lately that are reporting back that they are having lots of tantrums and hyperactivity, but then it eases. The fact that he seems to be getting to a pretty good point and the thought of having to go through the tantrums and stuff makes me nervous. But I know we will see good come from it eventually, so we just have to push through and hope and pray for the best! I just hope if we have a period of tantrums and really bad behavior, it comes around Christmas break. I am still trying to keep this from his school because I really want an unbiased opinion. Last time we went over Spring Break and so they didn't know he was gone for a week. This time he will miss a week of school and when he comes back and acts off the wall, they may wonder what is going on and I will have to fill them in. Let's also hope that that doesn't happen!
That's awesome! Things are going to go well. I can't wait to see his progress. Love ya Dyls!
ReplyDelete