Not a lot has been going on lately, other than getting a note from school saying they think he may have a cavity because he was crying when he had a fruit snack stuck on his back teeth and then when he ate hot food, good thing we have dentist appointments on Monday! Except for that causes stress wondering how in the world will they be able to fix it, because I REALLY don't want to sedate him. We'll figure something out, right!
I have a hard time letting people take Dylan when they offer to help out because I know how busy he is and the last thing I want to do is pass that responsibilty on to someone else or better yet, have him destroy something of theirs! Lacy had called me a month or so ago and had asked if they could take him one day a week and pick him up from school! Knowing how crazy, busy she is plus she has 4 kids too, two of them being 2 years old, And she had had a surgery recently I had a hard time saying yes. Not because I don't want him to spend time with them and get to know them but just as I mentioned above. I remembered my Mom had told me that Lacy really wanted to help out and so I put my fears aside and accepted the offer! Plus my Mom always gets after me because I don't like to accept help and tells me that Grandma Madge always told her that that is denying someone else a blessing when you won't let them help. They have taken him twice now and I can tell he is having a good time when I pick him up! They tell me all they have done and I will admit it is probably more interaction than we get with him at times! Not only is it good for Dylan to be with his Aunt and cousins without us around and get to know them better, it is good for them to be around Dylan and learn more about Autism. It's a learning experience for us all and I am grateful for all the support we are given! When we got home Brandon asked Dylan if he had fun. Dylan responded with a very clear, "Yeah!" That made my day hearing that!
No comments:
Post a Comment