Dylan has been really happy these last few days and I love it! He randomly runs up to me and wraps his arms around me or grabs my hand and leads me down stairs to a pile of pillows that he has propped up on the couch(fort style) and has me crash into them, or at least that is what I think I am supposed to do! He looks at me with the cutest little smile and you can just see the excitement in him and I LOVE IT!
We went to Rick and Lori's to pick up the older two on Sunday and had a little gathering. The day started out with his routine down there and wanted to watch a show in Lori's car, but then he got out and before too long was playing along side several different groups. He never really played "with" anyone else but the whole day he would go get in the sandbox with whoever was in there at that time and play or he would go get on the tramp with whoever was on at that time and jump. He seemed to be happy again and I observed him several times observing what was going on around him, not just out there doing his own thing completely! I loved it!
Then I had to pick him up at school on Monday because the kids had a dentist appointment, Dylan didn't LOVE IT(but no cavities!) When I went in to his room I was greeted with excitement by the teacher and an aide and they were telling me all about their exciting day. When Dylan got off the bus, he greeted them by saying, "Hi" plain as day! They were ecstatic and shrilled with joy! They said Dylan kind of grinned at them like, "I just did something really cool!" That day they focused on greetings. They would have someone behind him and someone in front of him and say, "Bye" and most of the times he would respond by waving! If not the person behind grabs his hand and holds under his wrist and he flaps his little fingers, so cute! They were showing me this also while I was there. They also said that once they get off the bus and start school they show a picture of a bus and explain they got of the bus and now it is time to do(whatever the next thing is.) This day when they held up the picture of the bus, Dylan responded saying, "Bu" before they even said the word! Mrs Heelis said that Friday and Monday they had seen changes in him. She said it is almost as if it has clicked that there is certain sounds to words, rather than just making a sound, if that makes sense. For instance, when he wants a treat, he tells them "see see", but then when he saw the picture of the bus and responded, "bu". I Love it! I also love the excitement that the school staff showed that day! It again made me realize and be very Thankful that he is where is and that is where he is meant to be. I can see the love they have for my child and they are cheering him on and celebrating along with us with any improvement he makes!
SO as you can tell, I feel things are going really good right now and absolutely LOVE the direction things are going! I hope we keep seeing more improvements and that hopefully everything is starting to really connect and we continue moving forward! Then in a few weeks we go for more stem cells and I hope things really start taking off from there!
Dylan's school picture! I really thought I would get a picture back with him looking to the side or screaming(not wanting to sit there) or no picture at all. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I got the picture. He may not be smiling, but my oh my he is a handsome little guy! Plus he is actually looking at the camera!

No comments:
Post a Comment