Thursday, October 22, 2015

Progress

I met with Dylan's teacher a month or so ago, but got this report today.  He is making progress and that is what I love hearing!  I love that at the end of the first "Comment" it says, "We Love Him!"  He is in such a good, caring and educational environment!  They are our "angels in disguise" for our little guy!  He is really starting to try and socialize and communicate the best he can!  He is also doing well with matching colors and objects such as animals!  He is doing well following commands in memorized routines such as, "sit down," "raise hand," "come here," "throw in garbage."

I am beyond excited and proud for this little guy!  It is so simple for us to understand and do these simple things, but it is not so easy for him.  He is doing it and I love it!







This note came home last week.  I have yet to hear him say Bus or Hi but I know he does.  I have witnessed him on many occasions waving "Hi" and "Bye"  It is the cutest thing ever.  The other morning I went in and said, "Hi Dylan! Good morning!"  I was greeted with a cute little smile and two hands shot up as he was opening and closing them very rapidly.  That is his wave.  I loved it.  That morning he even was waving to the other kids too! Waving is his new constant so I like to egg it on.  That and giving me a kiss when he wants something!  I love that too, but am trying to break that habit in case he tries that on everyone else, that would not go over well, ha ha.  But as a Mother, it makes me so happy!


This picture may look like a typical 3 almost 4 year olds coloring page, but just a month or two ago he would make a mark or two and he was done.  Since I don't talk to his teachers on a daily basis any longer, because he goes to school all day, I am assuming this was all him!  Maybe they helped him or maybe it was all him, either way, I was so excited when I opened up his back pack and saw it!

No comments:

Post a Comment