The other night Dylan figured out how to break off the child proof door knob thingy and was pretty proud of himself! He came running out of his room and when he saw me, he ran right into our room and locked himself in there, knowing we can't get to him and he wouldn't have to go to bed! Luckily, I am a master at unlocking the door with the unlocking tool ha ha. I duct taped it for the night and we were good to go!
Yesterday I went and bought a new door knob that locks and put it on backwards! Come bed time, everything went as normal and Brandon put Dylan in bed. Once the door was shut, it only took him seconds to realize the child proof door thing was gone. I heard him run right over to the door and grab hold of the door knob...only to find out he was now locked in there. Poor kid cried for an hour and it was a cry that he had lost all hope in ever being able to sneak out again. I hate that we have to do this but we have things that need to get done once the kids are in bed(last night that was putting towel racks up in the down stairs bathroom, which is another story in itself ha ha)and we need our time to relax and unwind too. More importantly I need my sleep for my sake and my kids sake so I can't be worrying that he will get out at night and run off somewhere.
Hopefully, one day we will be able to get him out of this "prison" situation and that he will be able to have a normal room, but for now this will have to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment