Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Restore

On the Facebook group I am a part of several parents have been talking about this product they have started using called, Restore, and how awesome it is.  I decided to buy some and try it because someone mentioned it brought on speech and we all know that I would LOVE to hear Dylan's little voice again!  I also bought some for my Mom because everything it talked about being able to heal reminded me of so many things that have been happening to my Mom.   It is supposed to help by reintroducing 20,000 to 30,000 of the good bacteria to your gut, that our foods and toxins today take away and destroy our gut lining.  They say most illnesses start in the gut and if you can repair that then good things will come! When I ordered it, I decided to order the smallest bottle to test out, but when I opened it they had sent me the next size up so I accepted their generosity, ha ha.  Maybe dishonest or maybe it was intentional, but I appreciated it!

I have been giving it to Dylan for  a week or so but I am not really sure how much I should give him.  The bottle says 1 Tbsp, split up in 3 - 1 tsp doses throughout the day, but Dylan is only 3.5 so I don't want to give him too much.  People on the group have said to start slow because it can bring on detox symptoms or even cause constipation, which is not what we are looking for.  I started at 1/4 tsp, 3 times a day but have now been giving him 1/2 to 3/4 tsp - 2 or 3 times a day.

(Sorry for the next part, but I have learned that poop and what it looks like is common talk in Autism Parent World)  He has had very loose, but not diarrhea poop, so that is good from what I read.  My only concern is that this is going to cause problems that the feeling hits and it is the type that "I need to go to the bathroom and  I need to go now." Since he is still in diapers, it is not a big deal, but in the future, I need to read up on this and learn more.  I hope that once the gut is in good shape it is not that type.  I have started giving it to Boston as well because that kid has major constipation issues and it seems to be helping him.  That is where my concern comes because he will be going to Kindergarten and I don't want him having accidents because of this, but I am happy this may help him in that area!

On a different note, I think we are seeing changes!  I have noticed the past couple of days, he seems to be attempting to speak more.  There is a lot of the drawn out, "EEEE" but that is when you can tell he is trying to get something out and he is trying hard!  Brandon was trying to get him to repeat what he said last night and kept saying, "Momma" and he is pretty sure Dylan said it a couple of times.  Tonight Brandon thought he heard, "Daddy."  Yesterday,  there was a couple of times that in his gibberish and after the fact it hit me, he may have just said, "cottage cheese."  There was one other thing like that but I can't remember what it was.  My experiences was pure gibberish but if you were really trying to listen to him, I swear there was words in that gibberish!

He has seemed to be extremely Happy lately too!  That is always nice!  He is always running around laughing and has even ran from us when we try to tickle him!  He has a new obsession of taking the stuffing out of the couch cushions and when I came down and saw that today, he looked up at me and laughed and ran off.  He knew what he did and knew that he shouldn't have, little stinker!  We have got him to play "ring around the rosie" a few times and (now this does not sound big, but is VERY big because he will not do this normally) he even holds Desi's hand!  Usually he refuses to hold her hand, almost as if it is gross to touch her, ha ha.  Desi isn't giving up and is determined they will be best friends some day, whether he wants to or not, ha ha.

On the downside, today I noticed him throwing a few fits and banging his head on the floor, couch and even window.  I am hoping this does not last long and isn't something new, because so far we have been lucky not to have to witness those kinds of tantrums.  We will continue this supplement and hope for the best, but so far I am liking what I see!

No comments:

Post a Comment