Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Fun Continues!

He put a hole in the wall by pulling back the gliding chair and letting it go.
So after the other days fun at McDonalds, things just continued on the same path the following day.  We woke up, but I slept through my alarm and it seems if I am not up and ready before the kids wake up, the day does not go well.  So I got up and got them breakfast, luckily Brielle and Boston have alarm clocks or we would have been in trouble, and got Brielle's lunch ready for the day.  I figured I was good to run and get dressed and ready in between running back and making sure things were going ok.  After a few minutes, Brielle comes in and tells me that Dylan made a big mess and I immediately knew what that mess was going to be, spilled sugar(powder sugar.)  When I had went to check on them I didn't see Dylan but figured he had gone downstairs and knew he was in the house somewhere because we bought latch hooks and have installed them on all the outside leading doors and I knew that I had locked them.  I remember noticing the pantry door was closed and I hadn't locked it with the latch but figured it was fine.  Anyway, that is what mess I walked out too because another thing Dylan likes to do is go in there and close the door behind him, which he must have done.  Powder sugar was everywhere along with a trail from where he had walked.


I was trying to decide if I had time to sweep it up before we headed to take Brielle and Boston to school or if I would just wait and start the clean up when we got home.  Meanwhile, I am yelling at Brielle and Boston to get dressed because it was time to go.  Boston is slow sometimes and I had to tell him over and over and then finally he was dressed and time to go.  They ran out, got on their bikes and I followed behind with the younger two in the stroller.  As we got to school I realized I never did Boston's hair, but luckily I had just cut it so it was short enough that it didn't really matter and you can't necessarily tell that I am a horrible Mom ha ha.
My little helper


We got back and I started "Operation Clean Up" which took me from 9 to a little after 10:30 and I had to mop the floor a couple times since it was so sticky.  We still had about 45 minutes until it was time to get Boston so I got the kids to go downstairs.  Before I knew it Dylan had gone back upstairs and within me cleaning up the first mess and now had been a good 10 minutes.  I all of a sudden heard something spilling on the floor upstairs and took off to find what mess I had waiting for me now.  Their was an entire bag of chocolate chips spilled on the carpet and Dylan had another bag he was just getting opened.  I had a few, ok A LOT, of choice words that came out of my mouth as I grabbed the other bag from him.  Out of anger I slammed it down on to the table, only to have it rip open and another entire bag of chocolate chips now all over the kitchen as well.  I wish I could be one of those Mom's that keeps her cool when it comes to this but I AM NOT.  I really am surprised my children do not have a potty mouth because of me!  I was so mad, mainly because I had just spent all morning cleaning one mess and now there was one more, but it was about time to go get Boston.


I figured this mess could wait until we got back and it was time to go so I could bawl and cool down at the same time!  Desi saw me crying and said, "Dy Dy sad."  I think she knew Dylan made me sad and then she went and told him, "NO Dy Dy!"  We walked to the school and waited for little Bos to come out.  As he walked out to me, he was pulling at his pants like they were about to fall off.  So I made a mental note to tighten them up when we got home!  However, when he got to me I started laughing and realized: The horrible Mom that had sent him to school without doing his hair had also let him go to school with his pants on backwards!  I had been so consumed with the big mess, that I never realized they were on wrong.  I am sure his teacher was wondering what was going on, ha ha.

On the way home I had told Bos about the mess waiting for us, he was so excited to see it.  He of coursed wanted to help by eating the chocolate chips!  He also helped me vacuum some of them up!  By this time, I am completely exhausted and burnt out and ready for the day to be OVER!  Luckily for me, Brandon and I had plans for later on that night to go to the Luke Bryan concert!  That could not have came on a better day/week because it was a very testing week for me.  We loved the concert and it was a nice break from reality!


Then today I went to work to help out and I get this picture from Brandon and it instantly melted my heart!  This is the best picture I have seen of Dylan in a long time and I could see my little boy in it!  I see him coming out of this fog and that I am going to have him back, still being the little shit he has always been but by choice and not because he doesn't understand what he is doing.  This picture gives me hope, which I have been losing a bit lately.  I just need to keep pushing and know that he is just as confused and frustrated as we are and he needs me to be there for him.  I LOVE MY BUBBER BOO!

On a positive note:  I do feel that he is starting to comprehend even more.  When he is climbing on something and you tell him to get down 8 out of 10 times he listens.  When he gets something and runs off, I tell him to bring it to me and I will open it.  He usually comes over to me.  If I am busy and he brings me something, I tell him to take it to Brandon, he does!  He has started to play with the kids in the evening more!  Him and Brielle have a little game where they jump from the slide to the tramp and he holds his hand out for Brielle.  She takes it and he jumps.  He will even wait for her sometimes if she is not right there.  We went to the mall today and let them play on the playground.  I watched him slide down this little bridge thing and then went to climb back up, but there were already kids waiting to slide down.  He got down, walked around and waited patiently in line until it was his turn.  So with all this negative, I am seeing positive and hopefully we will see more and more.
Dylan did decide to cuddle with me for a bit, that is VERY RARE


We have also scheduled Round 2 of Stem Cells for the first week of November!  We are really hoping to see more with this round because of others experiences.  A lot of people think the healing is happening on the inside first and so there could be some major things happening but we don't know.  I also need to learn to make us all eat healthy, myself included, because that seems to be the people that are seeing the biggest gains.  Wish me luck!!!! That is not an easy task for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment