Sunday, August 16, 2015

Salem Pond and Cuddles

It is now 11 PM and 2 hours ago, while Brandon and I were watching HIS guilty pleasure(seriously I watch it to have a show we watch together ha ha) "The Batchelor in Paradise" I heard Dylan crying in his room. He rarely cries out when he is in there so I can't ignore it when he does, so I went in and he tried to run out. I assumed he wanted the Ipad to watch a show, so I grabbed him and forced him to lay by me. After a few minutes I could see it was going nowhere so I told him "Good night" and left the room.  I could still hear him crying after a few minutes so I decided to go get him and let him come down with Brandon and I.  I had it in my mind that would only last a few minutes because he would be wild and run all over, well he proved me WRONG!

I am seriously amazed, surprised, excited, happy, shocked, all sorts of emotions right now.  He actually just sat on my lap, made himself comfy, and spread out his blanket for a good half hour or so! After about 10 minutes Brandon got the Ipad from yhe older two in their room so we let him watch Paw Patrol.  At one point, I swear he yelled out "Rubble"(one of the puppies names).  He jibbered a bit but actually sat there very content and allowed me to really get the cuddle time that every Mother enjoys at times!

After about a half an hour or so, which was when our show was over so I was ready to head upstairs any way, he got up and headed up stairs.  Again I thought he was going to run around or head to the fridge.  Instead he layed down on the couch upstairs and covered him with his blanket.  I decided to pick him up and take him to bed because it was now about 10.  I thought he would be mad/sad but he just let me lay him in bed and cover him up without a peep! I shut his door and that was that.  I think he needed that time together as much as I did, so I am so glad I didn't pass it up, because after the day we had with him earler I could have easily chose to ignore his cries!

We went to Salem Pond with Cody and Lacy and my parents earlier this evening and we'll just say it wasn't Dylan's best behaved time.  We had fun and the kids had fun playing together, but Dylan did not enjoy it, so it's hard for us to enjoy it. We got there a few minutes before everyone and had brought pizza from Costco so we sat at a table to eat.  Dylan just wanted to go by the water and Desi was being just as bad, so that didn't go well.  Brandon took the pizza to the van and brought the stroller and saw Cody and Lacy then, so we headed to the pond area to feed the ducks.  The kids loved that and then we went to play at the park.  That went pretty good for a bit and Brandon kept busy chasing Dylan towards the pond a bit here and there.   Then I took over and Dyl kept heading towards other peoples food and would throw fits when he realized I wasn't going to quit following him and he wasn't getting food or getting in the water.  I'm sure people was watching and wondering what was going on ha ha.  I found the water fountain and got him a drink, then walked toward the pond with my dad and Dylan only to have him throw a few more fits.  I realized he was just dripping in sweat and that he must be hot and uncomfortable, so when Brandon came over we decided it was time to go.  So to have this moment tonight was amazing and gives me so much hope for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment