Life has been... life and a little crazy between school, Dylan's brother and sisters sports, dance, martial arts, Dylan being Dylan and tearing off the couch cushions, getting into the fridge, taking his diapers and clothes off, just the everyday life of the Gadd's! We have had a few not so fun messes with the diaper coming off in the past week or two, however, when this happens I can't get mad at him because he finds his way to the bathroom. If you are not right there when he poops his diaper, he usually takes it off and heads to the bathroom to dump it because he knows that is where it goes. Just getting it there causes messes because he usually grabs the poop, getting it on his hands and wiping his dirty hands on the wall or toilet, but he is trying and that is why I can't really get mad!! I just have to explain that he needs to come to me first, but Thanks for putting it in the toilet!
Other than saying a few words here and there we haven't really heard any one word consistently but I can see in his eyes that there are times that he is thinking and trying. There has been times he looks me in the eye and says something and just stares me down almost as if waiting for my response. It is hard to see this because I feel bad because he is trying but I have no idea what he wants so I try to guess and respond to what I think he may be saying. At least, we have the idea of a conversation going!
5/10/2015
Mothers Day weekend was a great week for seeing little improvements and others opinions! We went to Rick and Lori's and we were all impressed with how well Dylan "played" with the kids. Most of the day was spent on the Trampoline with the other kids! He didn't necessarily play "with" the kids, but he played near them ALL DAY LONG! For Dylan that is big! Usually he ends up pulling Lori around and wanting to go for a ride or go downstairs to watch a show(he did end up in her car to watch a show at one point but that was later on and he ended up falling asleep, so I think he was tired and several kids joined him). There was one point on the tramp where I had to laugh because Trever's girlfriend son, Ethan, went up to Dylan and shoved a stuffed Olaf doll at him. Brandon and I sat back to see Dylan's reaction and it was worth it. Dylan just stops in his tracks, turns, bear hugs Ethan, and bam body slams him! It happened so fast but you could see the thought process go through Dylan's mind, that it was funny. After Ethan tried it again and this time Dylan started swinging, He is a tough kid, so we put a stop to it because we didn't want him hurting Ethan. Although, he did not play with the kids it was so good to be able to sit back a bit, relax, and watch him out there "with" the other kids! Trever said he noticed he seemed more focused! That was good to hear because he hasn't seen him since probably a month or so before we did stem cells.
Week of 5/11-5/15/2015
This week I picked Dylan up from school and I walked up behind him where he was sitting on a chair looking through a book and was greeted with a kiss. I bent down and said, "you ready to go home bud?" He just looked up and instantly kissed me! I loved it! However, like I've said before I wonder if he tries to kiss his teachers because I always ask for a kiss when he wants something ha ha. My Dad had stopped by this week as well and he was kind of giving Dylan a hard time for having the cushions all over the floor. Dylan reached up and kissed him and then at Brielle's dance review he greeted my Dad with a kiss then too. When Lori picked the kids up for the dance review she was putting Desi's jacket on, so I grabbed Dylan to get his on. He immediately reached up for Lori as if to say to me, "no, I am going with her!" Then she picked him up and he gave her a kiss! The topic of this week seems to be "Showing Affection!" I love it!
Someone on this Facebook group that we are a part of, mentioned the little things that you need to pay attention to. She mentioned her son no longer "mouths" things like he used to. That made me realize that Dylan has stopped biting at his shirt like he used to do before stem cells. He did that, then stopped and then right after started doing it again. For the past week or so his shirt has not been stretched out and all wet because he isn't doing that, unless he has long sleeves on then he bites at the sleeves. Like I said, the little things!
This past week he does seem to be more "all over the place" which we are into the 6-8 week post cells where they warned us he may regress and become more hyper! Hyper is an understatement. He is constantly taking cushions off the couch, jumping around, getting in the fridge, getting in the pantry, eating, you name it he is probably doing it. The tantrums do seem to have tapered off a bit though! He actually sat through Brielle's dance review for the most part, with a binky, but he sat there on someone's lap until the last 15 minutes or so. I was amazed by that, especially since Lori was there because when he sees her, he just pulls her around. He spent the majority of the dance review sitting on her lap and that, to me, is amazing!!!
He and Desi went to Lori's for the weekend, so it will be interesting to see what changes her and Rick notice where they aren't with him constantly.
This came home with Dylan the other day. It is his Occupational Therapy progress report and it isn't too promising. He hasn't made any improvement since January according to them, but we'll just keep waiting and watching. I KNOW we are going to start seeing something soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment