Dylan's hair had been getting long so we decided it was time for a haircut. I honestly love his hair when it is a little longer, but I decided to try out cutting the sideburns off and that looked horrible. I tried trimming them one day when he was asleep and half way through the first one, he woke up and wanted nothing to do with it. I sent him to school that way too, ha ha. When Brandon came home I had him hold him down so I could use the razor and shave both sideburns off. He kicked and screamed and even the neighbors mentioned hearing him the next day!
We let him go a couple days that way and then decided to just get it over with and cut his hair. I only know how to cut the boys hair one way and that is short with the electric razor, so that is what we do! This was not a fun process and if you would have witnessed it, you probably would have thought we were really torturing the kid. I even dare say, you would have thought we were trying to kill him, but I promise, we were only trying to cut his hair! Brandon had to bear hug him several different ways because he would break free from kicking and squirming. He was screaming and thrashing about. I am surprised it turned out as good as it did, for the tantrum that he was throwing. He had worked himself up in a sweat with in a few minutes and by the time we were done he was red an splotchy all over his body between his fear/anxiety and Brandon having to hold him down. Good thing we can let his hair grow out for a few months until we have to do this again!!
![]() |
| You can't really see that well, but this picture was taken a good 30 minutes after the hair cut, but his cheeks are still pretty red. |
I have also noticed he has been flapping his arms a lot lately. He has never really be an arm flapper, so I will keep my eye on this and see how long it lasts. He seems to do it quite a bit, but not really for one particular emotion. I have seen him do it when he is happy, sad, excited, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment