Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Overwhelmed!

Today was Dylan's cousins birthday party (J&N) so we went over to their house for cake and ice cream.  When we walked in, there was already a group gathered in the room and I think it overwhelmed Dylan.  He had been pretty good throughout the day, other than eating constantly and getting tons of stuff out of the fridge and pantry, so I was not sure why he was reacting the way he was.  He just kept screaming and trying to get out, but I held him and pretty much forced him to stay in.  Once we got out of the hallway and into the room where it was more opened he eventually calmed down, so that was good.  I really thought we were going to have to leave, because it was raining so we couldn't really go out to play and get in a more open environment, but I am glad he calmed down and we got to stick around.

I was nervous how he was going to act at their house since he had been having an eat everything kind of day, but he sat at the bar and played with their sink and then really didn't eat the cake but smeared it on the table.  Lacy started talking to him and grabbed him and kind of played with and teased him a bit and before you knew it he was smiling and looked like he was going in for the kiss.  She sat down with him and sure enough he started smooching on her and even gave her a few hugs.  He had such a big cute smile on his face, and it was such a cute sight to see.

He eventually ended up upstairs playing "near" the kids again.  Brandon stayed up there with him for a bit and then came down and I went up about 10 minutes later to check on him.  I was afraid what mess I was going to find, but other than kids being kids, Dylan had not made a big mess.  I was so excited!  Again like on Mothers Day, he didn't necessarily play with the kids, but he stayed right there in the vicinity and to me that is a big improvement from the past year!

No comments:

Post a Comment