Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Small Things

Today was a bit of a rough day, just ask my Dad the two times he called Dylan was screaming in the background!  It was more of a power struggle day then anything.  I was trying to pack for the move and we were packing board games.  Dylan saw the Connect 4 game and wanted to play(dump it everywhere) so I held on tight.  Before long the pieces came out and went flying EVERYWHERE.  That was the type of day it was all day long!!!  But....

During several of my yelling fits and telling him, "NO," "Don't do that," "Get down," etc.  85% of the time he LISTENED and actually did what I was asking.  Sometimes it was followed by a fit, but the fact that he stopped what he was doing impressed me!  My Dad told me he needed a good spat on the butt and I told him that I had several times today.  When that happens he bawls  and is confused, but at the same time before stem cells it didn't phase him, so now he at least knows that is something he doesn't like!  We went to the store and he sat in the cart and would stand up and when I told him to sit down, he followed that command at least 90% of the time.  So amidst our struggles of the day, I am also seeing the positives!

No comments:

Post a Comment