Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Grandpa and Grandma Time!

Dylan has been blessed with 2 amazing sets of Grandparents, 4 amazing Great Grandmas(one who passed away last year just before we started this journey) and an amazing Great Grandpa!  Not very many people have that much amazingness in their lifetime!  That's not to mention the Aunts, Uncles, and cousins who play just as big of a role in Dylan's life. They are all a big part in Dylan's life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Family is big to me!  I was raised around my Grandparents and want my children very involved in their Grandparents lives as well.  Every single one of these Grandparents love and care deeply about Dylan!  I know they would all do anything for him, but for some health challenges get in the way.  We all know that Dylan is a lot of work and requires complete attention!

There is one set that go above and beyond to give Dylan the time and attention he needs,  without these two people Brandon and I would not be able to face our own reality.  They are amazing Grandparents and Parents.  They take Dylan for us quite frequently, at least every other weekend if not every week.  It gives Brandon and I some time to recharge and some time to focus on our other 3 as well.  Life is stressful on it's own but when you throw Autism in the mix, that only magnifies the stress times a million, at times.

They love him more than he will ever know and are waiting just as patiently, and probably have more patience with him,  for him to make his return.  He has his routines there and they do everything they can to make them happen.  Most of their time spent with him is either watching him swim in the hot tub(clothing optional!) or out riding around.  The rides come either in their car or on the Razor and Dylan just loves it either way.  They take him camping on their own even!  They have an unbreakable bond and I love seeing how happy my little guy is when he is with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment