Today was Dylan's last day of Summer School. The bus driver informed me that he was the only kid that attended every day! I laughed and thought, "I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Am I the only parent that needed those 4 hours 3 days a week to mentally prepare for the rest of the day". I didn't get the opportunity to talk to the teacher like I did in the regular school since it was a half day thing so I don't know how he did. I got one note that him and another kid collided and he kind of bonked his head on the ground and then a note today that he got a scratch on his elbow, other than that I have no idea how he was.
I am super impressed with the bus driver and wish she was the driver during the school year. She loves my son and really put forth the effort to get to know him. Here are some things that she told me about Dylan throughout the summer school session:
-there is something about him that just draws him to you
- she is a sucker for brown eyes and she loves his eyes
- he is ticklish and he would even try to get her back
- he has a great personality! She said some of the kids have no personality but she loves his
- he is girl crazy( I should have asked her more on that one)
- there was one week he was not feeling it I guess but she told me he had been grumpy on the bus, which through me off guard because he loves to ride, but she mentioned the teachers had also said he was struggling with the school thing too.
-he is the only kid that buckles himself in so they would let him and make sure it was done right.
I will miss my morning and afternoon talks with her because she was so positive and I knew Dylan was in good hands with her! Now we have a few weeks until regular school starts up! I am not sure if we will start him going all day or do the half day still but I guess we will figure that out soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment