If anyone is interested check out "Unstoppable Anthony Stem Cell Journey" on Facebook. This is a little boy that is 6 or 7 and went for the first time for stem cells in December. He has had some amazing progress and gives me so much hope for Dylan. In fact, he is in Panama right now for his second round! His Dad is so positive and is such a great support for all of us on this facebook group for Stem Cells for Autism. He is always there to give advice and to tell you to just keep going because you just need to support them through their changes.
One of the things that they have seen big improvements on is the bolting. He talks about how they went for a walk and not once did he have to grab his hand. Where in the past if they let go of Anthony for a second, he'd be gone. He said he(the Dad) still twitches and expects Anthony to take off but it doesn't happen! The Dad refers to it as having PTSD, because his body is so used to reacting to his son running off. I can relate to that, however, I think Dylan has made some improvements in this area as well, just not 100% yet. I have so much hope watching this little boys story, so I thought I'd pass it along!
No comments:
Post a Comment