This may be small to some but to Dylan it is a big step(in my eyes)! We went out and tried finding decorations for our house and then went to eat at Sizzler. Dylan loves fries and I always know that is something he'll eat. We got the older two Grilled Cheeses and Dylan and Desi Chicken Strips and Fries. I decided to get Brielle a side of Watermelon instead of fries because she doesn't eat the fries.
We had a pretty good time while eating, but then Dylan decided it was time to get out of his seat. Luckily they had us in a corner, so we let Dylan get out and run around in the corner except for there was a fire hydrant that we had to keep a watchful eye on. After about 10 minutes of that, he started trying to make his way to the plates. I gave him a fry thinking that was what he was after. He tossed it and made his way to Brielle's plate, where the Watermelon had sat untouched. He grabbed a piece of it and I watched to see what would happen. I figured the feel alone would send it right to the floor. As long as he held the outer edge of it he was fine, but when he touched the pink part he would wipe his hands off. Next I knew he bit into it. I was prepared to watch it being spit out. Nope, he ate it! The first bite you could tell it was new to him and he wasn't quite sure what it was, but when he took several more bites, I was excited and quite shocked to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment