Proud Mommy Moment:
When I walked to the bus to get Dylan today they told me someone was excited to be home! They told me that when they turned to come in the Cul De Sac Dylan started saying "Momma" and got really happy! Now if all his jibbering lately with the "mamamama" isn't saying "Mom" then I don't know what is!
Also, I got an Iphone a couple weeks ago and it has the health app that tracks your steps. Lets just say following this kid around has its perks! There has been some days that I have walked 3 miles and that is not leaving the house and not having my phone with me constantly! On average it says I walk about 2 miles a day, ha ha, who knows how many he does! He will get this Mom in shape one of these days!
At Dylan's IEP meeting a couple months ago his teacher was talking about him following commands but more or less implying that he follows the ones that are consistent and that he expects. I mentioned one day I told Dylan we were going downstairs and he headed right down. She seemed to think that was because that is a normal routine of ours, but I just shrugged it off because I didn't feel that way but felt he actually listened and did as I asked. Anyway I bring this up now because tonight we were having Boston play the Wii because Dylan brings that remote to us which means he wants someone to play so he can watch. Boston is usually very willing to be the one to play. After a little while Desi wanted to play and tried to get the remote from Bos, so I told her she would need to find the second remote so she could play(it actually won't work on this particular game, but she is 2 and doesn't need to know ha ha). Well before I knew it, I was being handed that second remote that was clear across the room, not by Desi but Dylan. Now you can't tell me that is a "routine" command and that he did not understand what I was saying. I wasn't even talking to him in the first place. That just made me pretty excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment