Dylan has been back in school for almost 2 weeks(9 school days) and we got our first note today. Last time Igot one almost every day(or so it seems) the first week back, so hopefully his body is adjusting a little better this time. The note said that "he did not eat his lunch and just cried off and on throughout the day." Nothing too big, but not the happy boy he had been lately. He was super happy when he got home and don't worry he ate for 10 the rest of the night! I was surprised by the note because he left for school happy where as the past 2 days he kind of put up a fight. He even threw himself down one day as we were walking to the bus. The Bus Aide commented and said, " That was new!" At least to her but to us we see it all to often! That was because he discovered a chocolate snack cake thing my Dad had given the kids right as the bus got there, so he was not happy I took it away.
He is continuing to strip down naked again! We had got to where we didn't worry about him and let him do his thing on his own for a while, but that freedom is gone for now. I told Brandon I need to listen to my intuition more often when it comes to this because I have the thought to check on him for that reason and when I do most of the time it is correct. In fact, it saved me twice today! I went and checked on him once and he was naked and just about to use the bathroom, on the floor. I got there in time to get him on the toilet and save me from a disaster! Later in the evening, we had just had dinner and I was cleaning up while Brandon was looking at something. I had that feeling again and told Brandon that I was feeling he needed to check on him. I honestly expected Brandon to come up and say he was fine and disprove my comment earlier, but he came up with a naked little boy and said I was right, ha ha.
He seems as if he is stripping down when he needs to go to the bathroom, so I told Brandon that we are going to work on potty training this weekend! We will see how it goes and if we follow through or not ha ha. I figure we will try the route of taking him to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so this weekend, so that gives us 2 full days to test it out before sending him back to school. The problem with this is Brandon and I usually go stir crazy and need out of the house when we have had enough of following Dylan around and getting him out of the fridge a million times an hour, so hopefully we can stick it out and it clicks for him! I also figured we may as well try it on little Desi while we are at it because she is starting to show signs of being ready too! Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment