Well potty training hasn't gone so well today. We started out thinking We would attempt both kids but after Brandon ran Brielle and Boston to a movie with Cody and his kids and I ran up and downstairs atleast 10 times(getting new pullups, running the poopy pullup to the garbage, coming back down after to see Desi decided to poop more on the floor, etc. and Dylan had pooped on the couch earlier) in the time Brandon was gone for 30 minutes or so. I decided we would just focus on Dylan for the time being! I tried to take him to the bathroom every 30 or so minutes but I think he only peed a handful of times. Maybe I am jumping the gun or maybe I(and Dylan) am not really ready for this. I don't want to wait too long and have him just get used to it and think that this is what you do, but I hate potty training! I think I will just continue to put him on the toilet as often as I can and then next week when he is out of school for the holiday maybe we can help it connect.
In other news, Brielle is an amazing big sister! She is always, more recently, really trying to get Dylan involved. I think Dylan really has a bond with her. She started talking to him and let him lead her upstairs. After a few minutes they came back downstairs with some bubbles. Brielle said Dylan threw her hand to them, so he chose them. She literally had him playing and interacting with her for a good 20 minutes. I can't get him to focus that long! She was blowing the bubbles and would try to get him to blow bubbles too. He was really trying! He kept hugging her once in a while and just smiled! It was so fun to see and see the love he has for his sister! It made this Mom's eyes fill with tears of joy!
We also decided to try the hair cutting thing again... Lets just say this time was a little better! I would say his reaction was more of being tortured rather than killed. He was downstairs while I was getting things ready so Brandon went to grab him. When Brandon brought him up all it took was for him to see me cutting the garbage bag( I lay this down so hair doesn't get on the floor) and he lost it. He got a little amprehensive when Brandon wouldn't let him go, he panicked. His little heart started beating out of his chest and he was sweating up a storm before I even was ready to get him in the chair. However, by the time we started cutting his hair he was already calmer then he was when cutting his hair last time. He cried off and on the whole time and squirmed a little bit but compared to the last few times it was a lot less dramatic. Hopefully this gets easier as time goes on because I delay his hair cut as long as possible for this reason. I have been tempted to take him to get it cut to see if cutting it with scissors rather than hair clippers would be easier for him, but Brandon had a good point today and really didn't want him to cause a big scene at a salon. I was so tempted to just stop in the Walmart hair salon while we were there today and test it out, but we decided not to.
No comments:
Post a Comment