I haven't posted in a few days but everything has been going pretty well. We have had our good days and we have had our bad days just like any other! However, today turned out to be a pretty good day! I watched 2 of my nephews today and so Dylan saw them just before he went to school. When he got home (which by the way, as soon as he got off the bus he looked up at me and held out his arms wanting me to pick him up! Can you say, "acknowledging a parent!") I mentioned that he missed his cousins. He immediately lead me to the van and was ready to go. I wondered if he wanted to go play at their house because he has gone there a few times lately and so he may have been expecting to play with them when he got home!
We ran a few errands and anytime we passed a fast food place with a playground, he broke out crying. We had to get creative and drive down some back roads to avoid any more melt downs. We got home and made dinner and Dylan did his thing of watching shows on our bed and downstairs, just his regular routine. Brandon mentioned that it seems like he comes up to get us more often than he used to if he is left alone by himself for too long, so that could be considered being more aware of his surroundings, right?
After dinner was cleaned up and put away is when the night got really fun and made this old Mom super dizzy! He was really trying to interact with us, mainly Brielle and I. He was super happy! I just love his little smile when he gets in these moods! Brielle has really been going out of her way lately and really trying to involve him as much as possible. I think Dylan has caught on and is starting to open up to her, which I absolutely LOVE! While we were at the store earlier, he was having a little melt down. Brielle said she had it under control and grabbed his hand and walked with him! So while we were playing at home it continued and Dylan kept gravitating toward Brielle and I. Before long we started to play Ring Around the Rosy and Dylan full on participated! He was even coming and grabbing our hands and initiating the game himself. Desi and Boston got involved a bit, but anytime it would have made it so Dylan had to hold Desi's hand, Brielle made sure to hurry and switch it up so that me and her would be the ones holding his hand. She knows that he will not hold Desi's hand for some reason, so she wanted to keep him involved. However, I have noticed in the past week or so he is starting to tolerate Desi a teeny tiny bit more. He lets her lay by him for a short amount of time sometimes now! We honestly played for a good 30-45 minutes, so you can imagine the spinning in my head now almost 2 hours later! But to get that kind of interaction and playing that we were seeing, I would do anything for, even if it makes me sick!
No comments:
Post a Comment