Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sleep over in Mom and Dad's Room!

We have had a great week at home, but nothing new to report.  He is still saying "Mamama" but I can't decide if it is Mom or More.  From what I have picked up on, he seems to say it when he comes to me but it also seems to come out when he is trying to get you to get more of something.  Either way, I'd call that a word and progress none the less.  He has remained his happy self so we haven't seen a regression as of yet and I hope to just move forward!

We put him in bed last night and then I got in the bath.  I could hear him being himself and running around and laughing in his room.  That is normal for him and varies on how long, but I usually make a point to check on him when it is quite and I am sure he is asleep, just to make sure he is safe!  Last night, after the laughing, I started hearing him cry his sad cry.  I was sitting in the bath wishing I was out so I could go and check on him because it breaks my heart when I hear that particular cry.  After a few minutes, I heard his door open and Brandon talking to him.  Usually Brandon goes down stairs to watch TV but had stayed upstairs this time.  I think the cry got to him too and I heard him bring Dylan into our room to watch Team Umizoomi on the Ipad.

When I came out he was laying in bed with Brandon watching his show and had a big grin.  He actually laid there and watched his show until I could tell he was getting tired and I fixed the pillows so he could lay down instead of kind of sitting up.  Within 10 minutes he was asleep.  So he had his first "sleep over" ever in our bed!  Brandon usually takes him back to his room because he won't settle down and is all over the place, but not last night.  When Dylan woke up in the morning, the first thing he did was reach over to feel for me.  I think he was checking to make sure he was not alone and probably shocked that he actually got to have a "sleepover!"

No comments:

Post a Comment