Autism Spectrum Disorder
We can officially say that Dylan is on the Autism Spectrum. We finally gave in and had him "labeled." Something I was hesitant to do, not because I didn't want him to get the help, but for medical reasons in the future if we are able to get him to a place where he doesn't really show many signs of Autism. My Mom has said with her depression that she feels a Dr sees that on her chart and automatically treats her according to that diagnosis, even if it should not factor into what she is there for at the time, and I don't want that for Dylan. I don't have a problem with him because he has Autism, I love him just the same, but it is tough. A different tough than I planned on with him just a year ago. I thought he would be our kid that kept us on our toes, was very social and full of life, but last April he took a completely different course and I am determined we will find a way to help him out to get him back on the original track!
I decided to give in and get the diagnosis because we are looking into Stem Cell Therapy in Panama and they need a diagnosis to accept him. Lori has been asking us to look into this pretty much since the beginning but I was very skeptical of it because it is a lot of money and out of our country. After trying several things with the chiropractor, which I feel have helped a little, and Brain Balance, which we feel he is too young for right now, I feel that this would be a good option to try. Lori had talked about Ethan and Ken's story she saw on Youtube so I watched those, but felt they could just be editing it to look as if it helped them but maybe there was something they weren't showing you, just trying to get your money. Then I found a page on Facebook that they started, that is like a support group of Stem Cell Therapy for Autism. I joined that and have learned so much and can see these people have done their research. Not only the original parents of the stories Lori was following, but a hundred other people. It has been amazing and we feel comfortable doing it so we are now waiting to get the approval and set up our first visit! Most of them plan to go several times. Ethan went 4 times and Ken went 5 times and they feel they are almost recovered! They were a little older when they went so hopefully getting Dylan young, we see improvements quicker and don't have to go as much!
While we were at Dr Knochel's office(the Dr that diagnosed him because Dr Paxton referred us to Salt Lake and would be $1000 to get a "name") and he was looking through Dylan's paper work from the District and Early Intervention and observing him as well, I didn't feel worried about what he was going to tell us. I knew we were walking out with the diagnosis, there is no denying that. I also know I feel very comforted in knowing that this is not how Dylan will be his whole life. There is more to him and I am not just accepting it and moving on. He may never be completely "cured" but I know we can get him to a place that he will communicate and be able to live a mostly "normal" life and we ARE going to get him there. I have never felt like this is him and he will be this forever on this Earth.
I still believe the Drs are here to take care of our children, but I don't know that I completely trust them like I have up until now. I do not believe this was brought on by vaccines, but I feel lost on what to do going forward because IF it had something to do with it then I could not live with myself if when getting his final shots, it sends him down again. It also makes me a bit nervous with Desi because I just could not imagine this with her too. It also makes me lose all trust in the FDA, because if stem cells work and they "know" this but are trying to keep it from the US because all the money they would end up losing, then what else are they hiding. You think you live in a safe place but then something like this happens and your eyes are opened to so many possibilities that it is scary to think that could be the case. Whatever the case is, we are not letting it stop us for the fear that it is not "FDA approved" I have seen many stories now of where this has helped and people have gone to this clinic in Panama and they are safe. We will try this and we are very hopeful that it will help our little Dylan. We will be that source of hope mentioned in his blessing and we will be another story for people to see and give them the same hope that we once had. I love my little guy and I just can't go through life accepting that his fun little personality is no longer him. We will find that once again!
I decided to give in and get the diagnosis because we are looking into Stem Cell Therapy in Panama and they need a diagnosis to accept him. Lori has been asking us to look into this pretty much since the beginning but I was very skeptical of it because it is a lot of money and out of our country. After trying several things with the chiropractor, which I feel have helped a little, and Brain Balance, which we feel he is too young for right now, I feel that this would be a good option to try. Lori had talked about Ethan and Ken's story she saw on Youtube so I watched those, but felt they could just be editing it to look as if it helped them but maybe there was something they weren't showing you, just trying to get your money. Then I found a page on Facebook that they started, that is like a support group of Stem Cell Therapy for Autism. I joined that and have learned so much and can see these people have done their research. Not only the original parents of the stories Lori was following, but a hundred other people. It has been amazing and we feel comfortable doing it so we are now waiting to get the approval and set up our first visit! Most of them plan to go several times. Ethan went 4 times and Ken went 5 times and they feel they are almost recovered! They were a little older when they went so hopefully getting Dylan young, we see improvements quicker and don't have to go as much!
While we were at Dr Knochel's office(the Dr that diagnosed him because Dr Paxton referred us to Salt Lake and would be $1000 to get a "name") and he was looking through Dylan's paper work from the District and Early Intervention and observing him as well, I didn't feel worried about what he was going to tell us. I knew we were walking out with the diagnosis, there is no denying that. I also know I feel very comforted in knowing that this is not how Dylan will be his whole life. There is more to him and I am not just accepting it and moving on. He may never be completely "cured" but I know we can get him to a place that he will communicate and be able to live a mostly "normal" life and we ARE going to get him there. I have never felt like this is him and he will be this forever on this Earth.
I still believe the Drs are here to take care of our children, but I don't know that I completely trust them like I have up until now. I do not believe this was brought on by vaccines, but I feel lost on what to do going forward because IF it had something to do with it then I could not live with myself if when getting his final shots, it sends him down again. It also makes me a bit nervous with Desi because I just could not imagine this with her too. It also makes me lose all trust in the FDA, because if stem cells work and they "know" this but are trying to keep it from the US because all the money they would end up losing, then what else are they hiding. You think you live in a safe place but then something like this happens and your eyes are opened to so many possibilities that it is scary to think that could be the case. Whatever the case is, we are not letting it stop us for the fear that it is not "FDA approved" I have seen many stories now of where this has helped and people have gone to this clinic in Panama and they are safe. We will try this and we are very hopeful that it will help our little Dylan. We will be that source of hope mentioned in his blessing and we will be another story for people to see and give them the same hope that we once had. I love my little guy and I just can't go through life accepting that his fun little personality is no longer him. We will find that once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment