Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Back Post # 2

This was originally posted on my family blog on 5/19/14, but I want to eventually print this out and pass it on to Dylan so I figured these posts would be great to include here as well.

Kids Who Count Evaluation

I met with Kids Who Count today and went over their findings on his evaluations.  They said they feel that he does have something along the Autism Spectrum but now we just need to get him Diagnosed.  They are going to put him in Speech Therapy and one other therapy twice a month that will be done at our home and then twice a week we will take him to a Play Group in Salem.  I think these services will help him tremendously and we will just move forward from here.  I have noticed in the past couple of weeks he seems to be getting worse socially, so I wasn't completely shocked.  He rarely even looks at any of us anymore, let along show any sign of acknowledgement.  Brielle tried to pester him the other day by taking his blanket, in the past that would have been a big NO NO, but nothing.  Then she threw it over him and he just stared on watching TV.

 We have told the kids there is something wrong with Dylan's brain and it isn't letting him play with us, but that we need there help to teach him to talk and play with us again.  He has become obsessed with Desi's binkies and will go as far as taking them right from her mouth even.  He is using the stove door as a step stool and we keep the doors dead bolted so he won't run off.  Speaking of that, the other day I was upstairs printing Brielle's softball schedule off and went down stairs.  Within the 10 minute time frame, Brandon came up too, the kids were out and so was Dylan.  I ran out the door yelling for Brielle and Boston, luckily they were next door and yelled that Dylan was in Haden's house.  I ran over there, somewhat relieved to know he wasn't outside somewhere.  Dre came to the door laughing and said Dylan rang their door bell and as soon as she answered he bolted in their house and went straight to the fridge.  I am so glad I have understanding neighbors, and good ones at that.

Now we just have to wait for Dr Paxton to get the reports and see where to go from here.  However, I stumbled across some information on Holistic Energetic Healing type things.  I am very interested in trying this out because there is an allergy procedure called NAET that they can test the body and see if the Autism was brought on by an allergy.  I read something that specifically mentioned eczema, and Dylan has the driest, roughest skin, so that caught my attention.  Supposedly this procedure can retrain the body to become immune to the allergies, so I am going Wednesday to see what they have to say.  I have high hopes that this is going to work and if not that we will be able to retrain or "mold" Dylan's brain and help the little guy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment