Dylan's first day of Preschool!
Dylan started preschool today! He is going to Spring Lake Elementary preschool that is geared towards autism. We feel blessed that he got into this program because there is only two in the district and about 8 kids per class and many more kids that could benefit from it. My old college roommates Mom is the teacher, Sherry Heelis, and she too has a child with Autism. I think he was the first person with Autism that I ever met, so things seem to be falling together.
Dylan was so excited to get on the bus and seemed to enjoy his day at school! We are just going to let him go half a day for a while to get him adjusted and then he will start going as if he was in the first grade, all day! That is a long time to have him gone, but I am glad to know who has him and I know he will be taken care of. Plus I know they will be much better at helping him, then I am doing, so that is where I know he needs to be at this time!







No comments:
Post a Comment