Losing Dylan
Today I was upstairs putting laundry away and Brandon was downstairs emptying the dishwasher. Dylan had wandered upstairs and then Boston, after a few minutes Dylan went downstairs or so I thought. As I was folding one of Desi's shirts I had the feeling that Dylan was on his way outside. I blew it off and continued folding. About a minute or two later I yelled downstairs to Brandon to make sure he knew where Dylan was. He told me he wasn't down there, so I checked in his room and Brielle and Boston's just to make sure, no Dylan. I yell down again for Brandon to make visual contact with him, for my sanity sake, but I just knew he had headed outside. I look out the window and see Brandon out there, that is when I knew I needed to get down and find him. I head out and start running around and can not see him. Brandon went back in to make sure he wasn't down down stairs or something. I circled the houses and don't find him, run back in and Brandon said he is not in there. I take off running, not knowing where to go and head search the front part of the house and Boston is running with me. I snapped at Boston because he is asking me questions and I tell him I don't have time right now, I need to find Dylan. I run to the houses in front of us and then run to the field behind them. There is no Dylan there, but I look up in between some of the houses on the other side, to see a little boy toddling down the street. I honestly don't remember what he had on because he had been parading around Rick and Lori's naked most of the day, but I think that could have been him and besides how many 2 1/2 year olds would be wandering alone. I run to where I see the little boy and nothing is in site. I really start to freak out and dart down the street. There he is behind a car trying to figure out how to push buttons on their garage that it is parked by. I yell his name and he turns and laughs, thinking he is funny. I grab him and tell him we don't do that and it scared me. As I get home Brandon is pulling out of the driveway, so I have to run to stop him so he knows I have found him. NOT THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. This all literally happened in no more than 5 minutes since my "feeling" and he was a block away. Heaven help us, because I don't know what to do. I think this helped Brandon realize that you CAN NOT take your eyes off of him at all, not even for a minute. Someone has to know where he is at all times because it is scary, I hope we can figure something out to help the little guy. I need my Dylan back!
No comments:
Post a Comment