ASA Balance Treatment for Dylan
We have met with Kids Who Count and they believe he has some type of Autism, now we are just waiting for Dr Paxton to get the report and go from there to get a diagnosis. In the meantime, I had had my Mom talk to Dr Joe at Ohana Chiropractic when she went to her appointment to see if they did anything with Autism. They are also a wellness clinic and treat things holistically, they said they do. One day I was talking to my neighbor, Tiffany Wheeler, and she mentioned her mother in law was certified in a form of energy healing and gave me her number. I called and spoke with her and she had to go because she was driving and said she would call me back, but I never heard back from her. I got looking on the internet about "muscle testing" which is what she does and it brought up a link to a chiropractor in California that did something called NAET and it specifically said that Autistic children that symptoms were brought on by an allergy and eczema, being one of the symptoms, that this procedure could help them. Dylan has horrible eczema all over his belly and legs, so reading that I knew I needed to check it out. I had looked at the Ohana website before and had noticed they did NAET, so the next morning I made an appointment!
I went and explained what had been going on with Dylan and the barstool seemed to spark something in the Dr. He said that MRI's don't necessarily show everything and you could look at one done on a dead person and it would look the same as a live person, so he seems to think the barstool could be playing a big part of what is going on. He suggested we do ASA Balance, which is a laser type therapy that is supposed to basically reprogram your body's communication system. So we are giving it a try and I feel really good about it. There is supposed to be 13 treatments, but Dr Joe feels that we should see improvement in about 4. I took him to his second treatment today and had a few shocks to make me realize how real this is. Last week when we did it, they mentioned that the nervous system was out of whack, so to speak, which makes sense with what is going on. After we left last week he started doing things he used to do, such as, taking cushions off the couch to play and climbing on the high chair to get things and made eye contact that he hadn't done for a while.
Well this week it was a different girl doing the scan and she was a little more informative and was more detailed with the results. She said the digestive system was having some stress, which completely shocked me because he had been home sick and sleeping all day and had thrown up several times and had been pulling at his tummy. I hadn't mentioned that because I didn't know if I should have cancelled the appointment and not exposed the office to his illness. I chose to keep the appointment because I was really anxious to continue his treatment. I loved that it showed that detail because I knew it really was an accurate system. She mentioned that he had a high allergy for Melons. I don't know that he has ever really had melons or if so it has been a very long time, so I wasn't too worried about that. The next result she shared has me a little worried and I hope we can change it, it was his emotions. She said not to stress about these too much because he could be picking up someone else's emotions, but the emotions that popped up are kind of sad and scary to know that is how he is feeling or one of us that he is most likely picking these emotions up from. The top 3 emotions were: Let Down, Morbid and Careless. Those emotions go along with the Autism diagnosis, I would think, but most likely Brandon and I are probably feeling some of these ways as well. Let Down and Careless can be overlooked, but Morbid really has me baffled. I just hope that this is something that once we really figure out what is going on with him and through therapy get things adjusted and get him communicating better with us, that we can just get rid of that emotion all together. He is way too young to be feeling that way.
Overall, I am super excited about this treatment and I really feel this is what we are supposed to be doing and things will get better from here. On top of this we are doing speech therapy, a therapy where she plays with him(not sure what it is) and then play group. I am going to look into doing ABA Therapy or Greenspan Floortime, once we are done with the ASA Balance treatment, if necessary. I just hope with these options, we will get our little Dylan back full force, or at least pretty darn close! We sure love this little guy and hate seeing him go through this, because I am sure he is as confused as we are.
I went and explained what had been going on with Dylan and the barstool seemed to spark something in the Dr. He said that MRI's don't necessarily show everything and you could look at one done on a dead person and it would look the same as a live person, so he seems to think the barstool could be playing a big part of what is going on. He suggested we do ASA Balance, which is a laser type therapy that is supposed to basically reprogram your body's communication system. So we are giving it a try and I feel really good about it. There is supposed to be 13 treatments, but Dr Joe feels that we should see improvement in about 4. I took him to his second treatment today and had a few shocks to make me realize how real this is. Last week when we did it, they mentioned that the nervous system was out of whack, so to speak, which makes sense with what is going on. After we left last week he started doing things he used to do, such as, taking cushions off the couch to play and climbing on the high chair to get things and made eye contact that he hadn't done for a while.
Well this week it was a different girl doing the scan and she was a little more informative and was more detailed with the results. She said the digestive system was having some stress, which completely shocked me because he had been home sick and sleeping all day and had thrown up several times and had been pulling at his tummy. I hadn't mentioned that because I didn't know if I should have cancelled the appointment and not exposed the office to his illness. I chose to keep the appointment because I was really anxious to continue his treatment. I loved that it showed that detail because I knew it really was an accurate system. She mentioned that he had a high allergy for Melons. I don't know that he has ever really had melons or if so it has been a very long time, so I wasn't too worried about that. The next result she shared has me a little worried and I hope we can change it, it was his emotions. She said not to stress about these too much because he could be picking up someone else's emotions, but the emotions that popped up are kind of sad and scary to know that is how he is feeling or one of us that he is most likely picking these emotions up from. The top 3 emotions were: Let Down, Morbid and Careless. Those emotions go along with the Autism diagnosis, I would think, but most likely Brandon and I are probably feeling some of these ways as well. Let Down and Careless can be overlooked, but Morbid really has me baffled. I just hope that this is something that once we really figure out what is going on with him and through therapy get things adjusted and get him communicating better with us, that we can just get rid of that emotion all together. He is way too young to be feeling that way.
Overall, I am super excited about this treatment and I really feel this is what we are supposed to be doing and things will get better from here. On top of this we are doing speech therapy, a therapy where she plays with him(not sure what it is) and then play group. I am going to look into doing ABA Therapy or Greenspan Floortime, once we are done with the ASA Balance treatment, if necessary. I just hope with these options, we will get our little Dylan back full force, or at least pretty darn close! We sure love this little guy and hate seeing him go through this, because I am sure he is as confused as we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment